Tuesday

Recycle my heart

A society is defined not only by what it creates,
but by what it refuses to destroy.
John Sawhill

Yesterday my grandson and I took advantage of the beautiful summer Sydney day and walked the calm waters of Kurnell beach. We found lots of white sun bleached shells and a small amount of sea glass. My grandson had not seen this before and at first thought it was dangerous but I showed him how the sea water and sand had swirled it smooth. We found clear glass and brown and my personal favourite - bright green - which seems rarer. I am hoping to create something with this glass soon.
Glass can take up to 1000 years to breakdown which is why it is wonderful to reuse it.
The simple yet elegant Transparent Heart in the photo has been cut from the side of a Newcastle Brown Ale bottle.
We loved wandering on the sand and feeling the breeze blowing on our skin and finding small treasures and will return again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment